The ELC Supervisor is responsible for development and innovation as well as day-to-day operation of all the courses prevailing in their campus. The supervisor works closely with the teaching team members in the planning and execution of a course effectively and efficiently to ease the students study environment and to achieve complete success, as per the ELC’s instructions and guidance.
• Create and facilitate a classroom climate that is conducive to student learning and academic integrity
• Facilitate course development through reflection and student evaluations
• Supervise the teaching assistants assigned to the course by distributing the time schedules to them and make sure that they adhere to the timing of the lectures
• Provide students with course syllabus that includes broad course objectives, course schedule, grading policy, expectations of academic integrity, policy for missed exams, etc.
• Coordinate course activities including the development of innovative teaching strategies and maintain course information on the website
• Encouraging the instructors to attend, lectures, workshops and other instructional activities to facilitate the course
• Organize and hold meetings of the course instructors to discuss issues affecting student learning, testing and other classroom issues
• Organize and hold periodic meetings with the class representatives for the course to obtain constructive student feedback
• Check whether the skill teachers conduct weekly meetings
• Monitoring them to evaluate the students’ achievement by conducting regular quizzes and other assignments
• Select test format appropriate to course objectives with the help of the EEC
• Conducting orientation and skill workshops for the students
• Monitoring student’s progress in periodical exams and sending reports to ELC
• Maintaining attendance register - like in-time and out-time, leave or absence, permission, any official meetings, etc.
• Taking care of the equipment, books and other related materials of ELC
• Conducting seminars for teachers and sending the same to ELC
• Evaluate the staff - their academic performance, abilities, student – staff relation, staff – staff relation, ability towards given task, etc.
• Circulate all the memos and other messages from ELC to the staff members
• Creating innovative strategies to encourage the students to take part in the events conducted by English Clubs
• Holding meetings with the team for the same
• Facilitate the External Evaluators and other ELC officials
• Submitting all types of forms in ELC on behalf of the staff and collecting the same from ELC and distributing to them - vacation form, extra hours form, vouchers, contract renewal copy, etc.
• Preparing and forwarding all the documents asked by the ELC regularly
• Periodically monitoring the student affairs committee and get feedback from the students regarding their satisfaction - towards their complaints and problems
• Creating a rapport with the college management and ELC
• Apart from all this take lectures, attend supervisors meeting, maintain record of all the above mentioned tasks and submit it to ELC as per their need and requirement
Following are the names of ELC Supervisors working at Jazan University’s colleges.
1. Mohammed Riaz Khan – Main Campus
2. Rabia Bibi - PNP (Pharmacy, Nursing and Public Health)
3. Dr. Emad Abdul-Aziz (College of Applied Medical Sciences)
4. Sarfaraz Farooq – College of Science (Boys)
5. Ahmad Saeed Qaid – Community College (Boys)
6. Mazhar Ali Shahid – College of Arts and Humanities, Abu Arish (Boys)
7. Nigar Anjum – College of Business Administration (Girls)
8. Dr. Shalini Chakaranarayan – College of Design and Architecture
9. Uzma Qazi – College of Computer Science and IT
10. Zainab Saeed Khurshid – College of Arts and Humanities (Girls)
11. Mohana Aravamudame – Community College, Jizan (Girls)
12. Ameera Sa’ad – Medical College
13. Zeba Quamer – College of Science (Girls)
14. Ahlam Abdullah Ghurais – College of Science and Arts (Samtah)
15. Hira Kulsum – College of Science and Arts (Ardhah)
16. Cheeli Bhagya - College of Science and Arts (Farasan)
17. Dr. Vichitra Sivaji - College of Science and Arts (Dayer)
18. Shalu Dadwal - College of Science and Arts (Darb)
19. Aalia Sabahat – Abu Arish University College
20. Majida Yasmin – College of Education (Sabya)