The Academic Unit of English Language Center is headed by Mr. Naif Masrahi, Assistant Director for Academic Affairs, under the auspices of the ELC Director. It is responsible for all pedagogical issues of the courses English Language Center deals with.
Following are the responsibilities the Academic Unit is assigned with:
• Framing curriculum for all ELC run courses
• Syllabi preparation in accordance with university approved academic calendar
• Monitoring pedagogical progress of ELC courses on different campuses
• Examinations for ELC courses
• Foster research culture
• Translation of University documents
Academic Unit is run through different committees as follows:
• Curriculum and Exam Committee: This committee is in charge of designing curriculum. Also it is in charge of preparing exam manuals that are to be consulted with for writing exam for ELC run courses across the university.
• Exam Evaluation Committee: This committee appoints evaluators for each campus of the university where ELC courses are offered. The role of an evaluator is to ensure the exam papers’ compliance with ELC polices manifested in Exam Manuals.
• Translation Committee: This committee plays a significant role in translating university documents, notices and circulars and its members work as interpreters in seminars and forums organized by university and its different faculties. It is important to note that the committee does not entertain any request for translating personal documents like certificates etc.
• Research Committee: Headed by the Assistant Director, Academic Affairs of the Center, the research committee’s task is to inculcate and foster fresh research impetus amongst the staff members and to abridge the outcomes of the research and the classroom practices on the part of the staff members.
• Scripts Evaluation Committee: Members of this committee are responsible to re-evaluate scripts referred by the Director.
Our staff members can be contacted at:
Mr. Naif Masrahi
Assistant Director - Academic Unit
Phone #: 0173234985
Mr. Khairul Basher
General Coordinator - Academic Unit
Phone #: 0173235046
To know more about our staff members, click here.