A. Completed Research Projects
1. The effect of sidir honey on ethanolic induced gastric ulcer in rat,
(--) Has been conducted in the animal research unit and lab unit by group of Dr Mnal Mohammed Elhassan, Husham El Raih and Saif Eldin Babiker. January 2013.
2. The effect of local plant on ethanolic induced gastric ulcer in rat.
(--) Conducted in the animal research unit and lab unit by group of Dr Mnal Mohammed Elhassan, Husham El Raih and Saif Eldin Babiker and Eldaw Mohammed. January 2013.
3. The effect of khat (Catha cadulis) on coagulation profile in rats.
(--) Conducted in the animal research unit and lab unit by group of Dr Mnal Mohammed Elhassan, Eldaw Mohammed, Husham El Raih and Saif Eldin Babiker. Febuary 2013.
4. The effect of black seed on coagulation profile in rats.
(--) Conducted in the animal research unit and lab unit by group of Dr Mnal Mohammed Elhassan, Eldaw Mohammed, Husham El Raih and Saif Eldin Babiker. March 2013.
5. Analysis of heavy metal’ content of tobacco different origin (Sudanese and yemen shama)
(--) Dr. Siddig Ibrahim, Azam Hassan and Abubaida
6. Analysis of heavy metals contamination in commonly used herbs using ICP-MS.
7. Effect of Khat (Catha cadulis) on macrophage immunomodulation during tuberculosis: an in vivo study.
(--) Dr Mohammed Rizwan (MRC), Dr Aisha Alvei (Applied Medical Science,
Eldaw Mohammed (MRC)
8. Genotyping of Cytochrome P450 gene among Saudi population.
(--) Dr Mohammed Rizwan (MRC), Dr Aisha Alvei (Applied Medical Science, Eldaw
9. Essential oil: heavy metals analysis and different component using GC-MS and ICP.
10. The effect of some plant on type II induced diabetes in rats.
(--) Students from Science College (co-operation with Dr. Manal Mohammed
Elhassan, Saif Eldin Babiker and Husham El Raih), supervisor Dr. Ahlam 2012.
11. Impact of polymorphism in IFN-g +874T/A gene on toxoplasmosis susceptibility among pregnant ladies in Jazan general Hospital.
12. Aantimicrobial screening of some Medicinal Plants from Jazan (Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences).
13. Lemon antimicrobial activity, 12/12/2012 to 17/12/2012.
(--) Student from Baish intermediate school. Supervision by Husham El Raih,
14. Prevalence of Helicobacter Pylori bacterial infection among school children in Jazan Area.
15. Specific studies in drinking water in Jazan.
16. Trace Elements, Heavy Metals and lipids profile Levels in Patients with long standing diabetes mellitus.
17. Effect of Khat on trace elements in the saliva of Khat chewers.
18. Determination of trace elements in saliva of Khat Chewer in Jazan area
19. Effect of Khat chewing on liver enzymes on rats.
§ External Projects:
20. Evaluation of Role of Programed Cell Death in Vitro Using H9c2(2-1) Cell line as A Model. (2014-2015)
(--) Syam Mohan, Yahya H. Hobani, Siddig I. Abdelwahab and Nasim Akhtar
Ansari (Medical Research Center, Jazan University).
21. Assessment of Road Safety Measures among Male Students of Jazan University in Jazan City;South West of Saudi Arabia. (2014-2015)
(--) Bahaa-eldin Elwali A. Rahim, Anwar Makeen and Sara M E Taha (Medical
Research Center, Jazan University).
22. Study of Selected Psycho-stimulant Substances among Community Members of Jazan Area, Southwestern Saudi Arabia.
(--) Bahaa-eldin Elwali A. Rahim, Omer Yagoub, MS Mahfouz (Medical Research
Center, Jazan University) and Yahya Solan (Primary Healthcare Administration,
Jazan). April 2013.
23. The prevalence of toxoplasmosis in Jazan city
(--) Prof. Dr Ibrahim Elahassan, (Faculty of Medicine, Jazan University)
24. Resistin as a possible Biomarker for tuberculosis.
(--) Dr Aisha Alvei (Applied Medical Science, Jazan University).
25. Specific studies in drinking water in Jazan
(--) Dr. Taha Almursy (Faculty of Science, Jazan University).
26. Prevalence of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in type I Diabetes Mellitus in Jazan
(--) Collaboration of MRC with Dr Orwa, Almakki (Faculty of Medicine, Jazan
27. Class I integron and Multidrug Resistance Pattern isolated from E. coli at Jazan province.
28. Association between glycated albumin and glycated haemoglobin for the assessment control in patient with long standing type-2 diabetes miellitus in Jazan area, KSA.
29. Oral candida research, conducted in microbiology unit by student from Dentistry and MLS and their supervisors.
(--) Dr. Nazar Alhebshu and Dr Ahmed Abdelhag, and cooperation with Husham E lraih. Period: 10/2012.
30. Molecular diagnosis of TB infection by detection of A1B1 gene, in comparison with smears results of TB suspected patients attending Jazan chest hospital.
31. Impact of intestinal Helminthes infections on the health status, physical fitness and growth of School Children in Jazan Area.
32. Effect of 1Thymoquinone on insulin sensitivity in diabetic rats.
33. Prevalence of toxoplasmosis (Toxo IgG,IgM) among female student in applied medical science Jazan area in KSA.
B. Ongoing Research Projects
1. Clastrogenic Investigation of Catha edulis in Vitro in Human Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes. (2016-2017)
(--) Syam Mohan and Manal M. Elhassan Taha (Medical Research Center,
2. Improvement of Road Safety Awareness among Jazan University Students in KSA: An Educational Intervention. (2016-2017)
(--) Bahaaeldin E.A. Rahim, Mubarack Sani and Othman Faki (Medical Research
Center, Faculty of Medicine and Substance Abuse Research Center, Jazan